Foreign Visitors

UAMS is required by federal regulations to establish procedures to monitor assignments to its facilities of foreign nationals to ensure that the disclosure of, and access to, export-controlled articles and related information are limited to those that are approved by an export authorization.

Also, due to additional federal regulatory requirements, the Form I-129 Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker now requires UAMS to complete a “Certification Regarding the Release of Controlled Technology Data to Foreign Persons in the United States” for all workers on an H-1B, L-1 or O-1A visa.

Therefore, all foreign visitors and guests, who are not degree seeking students enrolled at UAMS, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Export Control.

The questions below provide a diagnostic tool used to determine the need for additional review regarding the necessity of an export license from the Department of State or Department of Commerce. Ultimate responsibility for export compliance rests with the UAMS employee(s) involved in any given project, generally the visa sponsor/supervisor or the principal investigator (if the foreign national is engaged in grant-funded research).

Administrative and criminal penalties exist for violations of U.S. export law.

If you are interested in hosting a visiting scholar or foreign national requiring a visa through UAMS, please complete the form below. This form is to be completed by or in collaboration with the principal investigator or visa sponsor/supervisor of the foreign national.

Contact the Director of Export Control via email or via telephone (501-686-6168) if you have any questions.

This form is best used with the Google Chrome browser